在 FENDI 的資助下，賈尼科洛山上的 Acqua Paola 噴泉、Mosè 噴泉、Peschiera 噴泉與 Ninfeo dell’Acqua Vergine 噴泉重新回到大眾的懷抱
羅馬四座極具重要性的噴泉在完成特別的維護工作後，重新回到社會大眾的懷抱。賈尼科洛山上的 Acqua Paola 噴泉、聖貝爾納多廣場的 Mosè 噴泉、英雄廣場的 Peschiera 噴泉及 Gabriele d’annunzio 大道蘋丘的全新 Acqua Vergine 處女水道橋，可以再次受到世人的注目。
早前羅馬市長 Virginia Raggi 與 FENDI 主席及行政總裁 Serge Brunschwig，偕同羅馬文化遺產處長 Maria Vittoria Marini Clarelli，正式宣布這四處噴泉結束維護工作並重新向公眾開放。
在 FENDI 的資助下，先前藉由「Fendi for Fountains」企劃案修復了許願池（Trevi Fountain，又名特雷維噴泉）及四河噴泉，這次又修復了羅馬多處知名的引水道，再度展現出通過這項嶄新的重要項目，對鞏固羅馬這座永恆之城的藝術遺產所做出的貢獻。
由羅馬 Sovrintendenza Capitolina 主管部門起草的這項維修案，總費用為28萬歐元，全由 FENDI 一手承擔。
在進行公開招標後，由專門修復石材的 Methodos di Mallia Valeria 公司承包本次的維修工作，於5月29日展開 Acqua Paola 及 Peschiera 兩處噴泉的維修工作，並且在接下來的幾個月展開 Mosè 與 Ninfeo del Pincio 兩處噴泉的維修工作。工程如期完成，對噴泉集水處及及正面下半部的表面進行清洗，去除生物性銅鏽和鈣質沉澱物，還在必要時對損壞處進行加固和抹灰處理。最後對所有的噴泉集水處進行防水處理及檢查電力和供水系統。
卡比托利歐博物館管理單位藉由本次的維修活動，委由 Areti 公司安裝了新的 LED 照明系統及重新啟動了 Peschiera 噴泉的供水系統，總成本為78000歐元。
類型與興建期間不一的四處噴泉由於皆是知名羅馬引水道的終點，其中三處在羅馬帝國時期興建，教宗在不同時期也加以修復，在本次修復案中將其與偉大的羅馬榮光串連起來，歌頌及彰顯其永恆地位，而第四座入選的 Peschiera 噴泉建於現代的1949年，被視為歐洲最偉大的引水道，這些原因使得這四處噴泉從羅馬的眾多噴泉中雀屏中選進行修復。
羅馬市長 Virginia Raggi 表示：「今天是羅馬值得歡慶的一天，這四處重要的噴泉又重新回到羅馬市民和遊客的懷抱。羅馬與其噴泉及引水渠道之間，一直有著重要的關係，它們不僅將水分送到各處，也讓人想到它作為生命和重生象徵的崇高地位。每個噴泉都有著自己的故事，也講述著這座城市的故事。我誠摯感謝 FENDI 資助修復 Mosè、Peschiera、Ninfeo dell’Acqua Vergine 及 Gianicolo 噴泉，將這個品牌的名字與這些噴泉建立起深厚的關係，再次展現出 FENDI 深愛著羅馬的精神。最後我要感謝參與本次維修案的技術人員、操作員及各辦事處，他們以謹慎稱職的工作，在公家機關與私人企業之間建立了正面積極的合作關係，這項成就對羅馬來說可謂一項傑出榜樣。」
「我們為本次在公私部門之間新的合作關係感到自豪，再度使得 Gianicolo、Mosè、Ninfeo del Pincio 及 Peschiera 這四處噴泉重現其原有的輝煌，羅馬市民及全球遊客都可以走進這些噴泉。羅馬是 FENDI DNA 中不可分割的一部分，我們將為後代子孫保存羅馬的藝術與文化遺產。」FENDI 主席及行政總裁Serge Brunschwig 表示。
Acqua Paola 噴泉
教宗保祿五世（1605-1621）在1610-1614年下令興建被世人暱稱為「Fontanone del Gianicolo」（大噴泉）的 Acqua Paola 噴泉，是 Traiano-Paolo 引水道的終點，自布拉恰諾湖引水，保祿五世不久後便下令重建。建築師 Giovanni Fontana 與 Flaminio Ponzio 以數十年前為 Mosè 噴泉進行實驗的模型為靈感，並且加以擴大，共同設計出 Acqua Paola 噴泉，且明顯參照了古代凱旋門的造型。Acqua Paola 噴泉的建材取自古羅馬廣場及涅爾瓦廣場的回收大理石，紅灰兩色的花崗岩柱則是取自舊聖伯多祿大殿。十六世紀末由建築師 Carlo Fontano 建造目前的噴泉集水處。噴泉後面的花園最初是為了教宗歷山七世（1655-1667）所建，在其原本與更廣大的擴建部分中容納植物園，而這座植物園於1883年移至科西尼宮的現址。
在1849年短暫的羅馬共和國期間，法國砲彈破壞了 Acqua Paola 噴泉，並且在1859年首次對其進行修復。隨後進行了其它修復工作，直到2002-2004年由 Sovrintendenza Capitolina 策畫進行重大修復工作。
Acqua Felice – Mosè 噴泉
Domenico Fontana 按照教宗西斯都五世（1585-1590）的希望，在1586年至1589年之間興建 Mosè 噴泉，作為 Felice 引水道的終點，將水引入 Quirinal 及 Viminale 地區，這是教宗廣大城市更新計畫的一部分。噴泉的第一階段工程於1587年臨時落成，在屋簷刻文上可以見到這個日期
在 Mosè 噴泉還能見到教宗的建築師，也是 Domenico 的兄弟 Giovanni Fontana（1540-1614）的作品，以及參與西斯汀教堂興建之藝術家的雕塑品。由 Prospero Antichi 與 Leonardo Sormani 製作的 Mosè 雕像，是在1588年5月首座放入噴泉的雕像。左側是由 Giovanni Battista della Porta 製作、描繪 Aronne che guida il popolo ebreo a dissetarsi（亞倫帶領猶太人取水解渴）的大理石像，Pietro Paolo Olivieri 與 Flaminio Vacca 在1588年至1589年之間於右側製作描繪 Giosuè che guida i soldati verso il Mar Rosso（約書亞帶領士兵通過紅海）的大理石像。Mosè 噴泉跟所有參與西斯汀教堂興建之藝術家的雕塑品一樣，主要使用回收建材與優質建材。在雕刻大師 Adamo Tadolini 於1850-1851年間帶領進行的修復期間，使用 Bardiglio 大理石製成的的四隻新獅子取代了原本的埃及獅子。壁龕使用珍貴的 Cipollino 大理石，鑲板則由灰泥製成。
儘管二次戰後受到經濟制裁，仍是在1949年動工興建英雄廣場（Piazzale degli Eroi）的 Peschiera 噴泉，當成 Peschiera 引水道的臨時噴泉。內森軍政府（1907-1913）早就打算修建該引水道，以強化羅馬的供水情況，但二次大戰之故使得這條引水道建了四十餘年。1948年來自列蒂地區的 Peschiera 水源終於抵達羅馬。當時市議會提議在英雄廣場舉行慶祝活動，特別立下一個牌子來紀念死去的技術人員和工人。自1949年不久後便落實興建噴泉的提議，以 ACEA 技師 Giuseppe Primieri 製作的古老噴泉模型為基準。受到 Najadi 噴泉的第一個版本 Acqua Pia Marcia 噴泉啟發，這個噴泉有著一個偽八邊形結構的巨大圓形集水處，頂端中央是多葉造型水槽，在水槽上方另有一個較小的水槽。水的作用賦予這座噴泉重大的歷史意義，而非是建築裝飾物所賦予：較高處集水處內較低的水柱在中央噴出極高的水柱，強勁的噴水柱從較高處的水槽流向較低處的水槽，在四個小型半圓形水槽處形成面紗狀的瀑布，且從飾有閥殼的壁龕進行灑水。1949年10月27日啟用了 Peschiera 噴泉，義大利共和國總統 Luigi Einaudi 亦出席了啟用典禮。這場儀式受到羅馬引水道傳統啟用典禮的啟發，從總統使用八十年前教宗庇護九世在臨時 Acqua Pia Marcia 噴泉啟用儀式的同一只玻璃杯，飲用 Peschiera 噴泉的水便可見一斑。
作為全新 Acqua Vergine 處女水道橋的噴泉而興建的 Ninfeo del Pincio 噴泉，座落在蘋丘之上，可以俯看人民廣場，長廊的三個大拱門支撐著其著名的全景露台，而在長廊處便能見到這處噴泉。
在1813年拿破崙統治教宗國期間（1809-1814），法國建築師 Louis-Martin Berthault 為 Pincio Passeggiata del Pincio 項目提出了從人民廣場到蘋丘花園興建電梯的第一個想法。隨著1814年法國政府垮台與教宗回歸，又按照新的經濟條件建立了這些設計，並且委由 Giuseppe Valadier 執行。1834年建完最後一道長廊，新修的道路連接了聖三一教堂與下方的人民廣場，以系統化的方式賦予了蘋丘的景色。從1930年代開始，省政府展開 Vergine 引水道的新建工作，加惠了建設中的 Prati di Castello、Valle dell’Inferno、Piazza d’Armi 及 Flaminio 等地。
1936年決定在蘋丘長廊底下興建由建築師 Raffaele de Vico 設計的噴泉，成為引水道的一部分。
Campidoglio, extraordinary maintenance works
for four fountains
Thanks to the patronage of the FENDI Maison, the Acqua Paola at the Gianicolo, Mosè, Peschiera and Ninfeo dell’Acqua Vergine fountains are given back to the public
Rome, 2019 – Four fountains, four important Roman monuments, are given back to the public after extraordinary maintenance. Starting from today, the fountains of Acqua Paola at the Gianicolo, Mosè in Piazza San Bernardo, Peschiera in Piazzale degli Eroi and the new Acqua Vergine at the Pincio, in Viale Gabriele d’annunzio, can be admired again.
The Mayor of Rome, Virginia Raggi, and the President and CEO of the FENDI Maison, Serge Brunschwig, together with Rome’s Superintendent of Cultural Heritage, Maria Vittoria Marini Clarelli, inaugurated the conclusion of the works and the reopening to the public of the four fountains.
The works concerned the terminus of famous Roman aqueducts and were made possible by the donations of the FENDI Maison whom, after its sustain in the restoration of the Trevi Fountain and of the Complex of the Four Fountains – part of the FENDI for Fountains project – showed once more its contribution to the enhancement of the artistic heritage of the Eternal City with this new and important project.
The overall cost of the project, drafted by the competent offices of Rome’s Sovrintendenza Capitolina, was € 280.000, assumed entirely by the patron.
Following a public tender, the works were conducted by the firm Methodos by Valeria Mallia, specialized in the restoration of stone materials, and were started on May 29 with the with the Acqua Paola and Peschiera sites, followed by the Mosè and Ninfeo del Pincio ones in the subsequent months. The works were concluded in compliance with the deadline and concerned the surface of the basins and all the lower parts of the front side; all surfaces have been washed and cleaned from biological patinas and calcareous incrusting, and, in addition, damages have been strengthened and plastered where necessary. Finally, waterproofing of all basins and inspection of electrical and water systems occurred.
On this occasion, the Capitoline administration has realized, through the firm Areti, the new LED lightening system as well as the reactivation of the water system – in the process of being completed – of the Peschiera fountain, for a total cost of € 78.000.
The four fountains, which differ by type and execution period, were identified among the numerous ones in the city of Rome because they are terminus of monumental Roman aqueducts, three of which are of Imperial origin – subsequently restored by Popes in different periods –, and to celebrate and eternalise their name by linking it with the great Romanity, while the fourth, the Peschiera one, from the modern age (1949), is considered one of Europe’s greatest aqueducts.
“Today it’s a day of celebration for our City, that gives back to the Romans and to the tourists four important fountains of the Capital” stated the Mayor Virginia Raggi.
“Rome has always had an important relationship with its fountains and aqueducts, which not only dispense water, yet evoke its preciousness as a symbol of life and rebirth. Each one of these fountains has its own story and contributes, at the same time, to telling the story of the city. The FENDI Maison, which I sincerely thank, and which has tied its name – among the others – to the Mosè, Peschiera, Ninfeo dell’Acqua Vergine and the marvellous ‘Fontanone’ of the Gianicolo fountains by financing this important extraordinary maintenance works of some of Rome’s most beautiful monuments, showing once more, on this occasion, their great love for our Capital. Finally, I would like to thank the technicians, the operators and the offices whom, with their attentive and competent work, created a healthy and positive synergy between the Public Administration and private companies that produced one of those excellent results that become, for Rome, and example of good practice”.
“We are proud of this renewed collaboration between public and private sectors which enabled, once again, to bring back to their original splendour the Gianicolo, Mosè, Ninfeo del Pincio and Peschiera fountains, which are accessible again to the Romans and to the tourists from the whole word. Rome is an integral part of the FENDI DNA and its artistic and cultural heritage is to be preserved for future generations”, states Serge Brunschwig, President and CEO of FENDI.
Acqua Paola Fountain
Nicknamed Fontanone (“The big fountain”) del Gianicolo, the Acqua Paola fountain was realized in 1610-1614 by Pope Paul V Borghese (1605-1621) as the terminus of the Traiano-Paolo aqueduct, coming from the Bracciano lake and rebuilt a few years earlier by the same Pontiff. The fountain’s design, created by architects Giovanni Fontana and Flaminio Ponzio, takes inspiration and expands the model which had already been experimented a few decades before for the Mosè fountain, with evident references to the ancient triumphal arches. Reclaimed marbles from the Roman Forum and the Forum of Nerva were used for its construction, whilst the red and grey granite columns belonged to the ancient Constantinian basilica of Saint Peter. The current monumental basin was constructed at the end of the XVI century by architect Carlo Fontano. The garden at the back of the fountain was originally intended to host, by the wish of Pope Alexander VII Chigi (1655-1667), in its original and vaster extension, the Botanical Garden, which was moved in 1883 to the present site in Villa Corsini alla Lungara.
Damaged by the French cannons during the short Roman Republic of 1849, the fountain was firstly restored in 1859; additional restorations followed until the great one of 2002-2004, curated by the Sovrintendenza Capitolina.
Acqua Felice – Mosè Fountain
Built between 1586 and 1589, the Mosè fountain was designed by Domenico Fontana, by the wish of Pope Sisto V Peretti (1585-1590), as the terminus of the Felice aqueduct to bring water in the Quirinal and Viminale areas, as part of the extensive urban renewal plan of the Pontiff. The fountain was inaugurated after the first phase of the works, concluded on a provisional basis in 1587 – the date mentioned in the epigraph of the cornice.
Open questions concern the participation to the works of Giovanni Fontana (1540-1614), brother of Domenico, the Pope’s architect, and the attribution of the sculptural pieces to various Sistine artists that took part in the works. The Mosè statue, realized by Prospero Antichi and Leonardo Sormani, was the first one to be placed, in May 1588. The final marble version of the relief on the left depicting Aronne che guida il popolo ebreo a dissetarsi was realized by Giovanni Battista della Porta, whilst Pietro Paolo Olivieri and Flaminio Vacca worked between 1588 and 1589 on the relief on the right, depicting Giosuè che guida i soldati verso il Mar Rosso. As all Sistine realizations, the fountain is made mostly with reclaimed materials, as well as high-quality ones. The original Egyptian lions were replaced by four new ones in Bardiglio marble during the restoration of 1850-1851, directed by sculptor Adamo Tadolini. The cliffs of the niches are realized in precious Cipollino marble, while the panels are in stucco.
The fountain in Piazzale degli Eroi was constructed in 1949 as a temporary fountain of the aqueduct of Peschiera, despite the economic restrictions of the post war period. The construction of the aqueduct, which had already been planned since the junta Nathan (1907-1913) to strengthen the water supply of the city, lasted more than forty years because of the war. In 1948, the water of Peschiera from the Rieti region sources finally arrived in Rome. On that occasion, the Municipal Council proposed to celebrate the event in Piazzale degli Eroi with a special tag also in memory of the fallen technicians and workers. From 1949, in a short amount of time, the proposal of a fountain became reality, realized by ACEA technician Giuseppe
Primieri on the model of the ancient one. Inspired by the first version of the Najadi fountain – Acqua Pia
Marcia fountain – this fountain features a large circular basin with an octagonal mixtilinear structure crowned by a centrally poly-lobed tank, surmounted by a smaller tank. The monumental effect was granted, rather than by the architectonical decorations, by the play of water: a very high central water gush crowned by lower gushes in the superior basin, large water jets that pass from the superior tanks to the lower ones, ‘veil’ effect waterfalls in the four small semi-circular tanks and water sprinkles from the niches decorated as valve shells. The fountain was activated on October 27, 1949, at the presence of The President of the Italian Republic Luigi Einaudi, with a ceremony inspired to the traditional inaugurations of the Roman aqueducts, as witnessed in the image of the President drinking water from the Peschiera fountain with the same glass used eighty years before by Pio IX for the temporary Acqua Pia Marcia fountain.
Nuova Acqua Vergine Fountain at Pincio
The fountain-nymph, installed as the fountain of the new Acquedotto Vergine, overlooks Piazza del Popolo from the Pincio hill, whose famous panoramic terrace is sustained by the three large arches of the loggia that hosts the fountain.
The first idea of a loggia crowning the lift from Piazza del Popolo to the Pincio garden was presented by French architect Louis-Martin Berthault for the projects of the Passeggiata del Pincio in 1813, during the dominion of Napoleon over the Papal State (1809-14). With the fall of the French government in 1814 and the return of the Pope, the works were set up with new economic criteria and were entrusted to Giuseppe Valadier. The construction of the final loggia was concluded in 1834 to complete the systemization works of the hill’s prospect with the new road that connected Trinità dei Monti with the below Piazza del Popolo. Starting from the 1930s, the Governorate started the realization works of the new Vergine aqueduct, for the benefit of the areas under construction of Prati di Castello, Valle dell’Inferno, Piazza d’Armi and Flaminio.
In 1936, it was decided to realize the fountain, under the Pincio loggia, to complete the new part of the aqueduct, designed by architect Raffaele de Vico.
On this occasion, the equestrian monument of Vittorio Emanuele II – positioned there in 1877 – was moved to the current site, in the garden of the Historical Museum of Infantry, providing the overall appearance that we can still appreciate nowadays.